Under the administration of the department head and supervision of assistant department head, a position involving the shelving and shelf-reading of library materials.
- Age 16 or older
- 2 years high school
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Written alphabetical and numerical test required
- 12 hours a week
- Initial shifts, after training, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 5:00 - 9:00 PM
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES: (Illustrative, not exhaustive)
- Proves uniformly consistent, respectful, and friendly services to library patrons and fellow staff
- Exhibits a willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty to meet patron requests
- Understands and complies with the Library’s policies and procedures while safeguarding confidential and restricted information
- Sorts materials for shelving
- Shelves library materials
- Reads shelves as assigned
- Performs opening and closing routines
- Exercises judgment in referring questions to librarians
- Answers patron directional questions
- May assist with programs as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work with people of all ages in a friendly, approachable, and tactful manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in English orally and in writing
- Ability to shelve library materials in alphabetical and numerical order
- Ability to set priorities and exercise discretion with patrons and staff
- Ability to remain composed under difficult circumstances
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, and carry and push a fully loaded book cart
Or visit the library for a paper application returnable care of Molly Bitters.
Adult Technology Clerk, Part-time
Do you love helping people? Do you crave an energetic and collaborative work environment? If so, then the Eisenhower Public Library might be the place for you. We’re looking for a part-time Technology Clerk to join our reference staff. The successful candidate must love working with people and be comfortable with all kinds of technology.
Qualified candidates must be available to work 1-2 evenings per week and 1-2 weekends per month, have excellent communication skills, and access to transportation. Candidates will also be asked to demonstrate computer proficiency.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Staffing the Welcome Desk
· Providing consistent, respectful, and friendly service to library patrons and fellow staff
· Assisting patrons in using technology, including computers, printers, scanners, copy machines, and any other electronic equipment available to the public
· Teaching/assisting with computer classes
Fluency in Polish is a plus.
Application deadline: June 30, 2017
No phone calls, please.
Please provide a resume, cover letter and 3 references to:
Dan McPhillips, Head of Reference Services
4613 N. Oketo
Harwood Heights, IL 60706