Kids World Page (Part-Time) 8-10 hours per week
Do you love books? Then you might be interested in working as a page in the Eisenhower Public Library District. Kids World is seeking an enthusiastic individual who is detail oriented and has a passion for getting materials out to patrons as quickly as possible.
The position includes bending and stooping and the ability to push a cart of 50+ lbs of materials including books and audiovisual materials.
Per library policy the selected candidate will be subject to a background check.
- Age 16
- 2 years high school
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Written alphabetical and numerical test required
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITES, NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: (Illustrative, not exhaustive)
- Ability to work with people of all ages in a friendly, approachable, and tactful manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in English orally and in writing
- Ability to shelve library materials in alphabetical and numerical order
- Ability to set priorities and exercise discretion with patrons and staff
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, and carry and push a fully loaded book cart
To Apply please submit an application to:
Head of Children’s Services
Applications are available at Library Services or Kids World. Job open until filled.
Part Time Children’s Librarian
Reports to: Head of Children’s Services
Are you excited about STEM programming, love finding that perfect book for a patron, and enjoy working as part of a team? Eisenhower Public Library District might be the place for you. We are seeking applicants who can wear many hats, enjoys working reference, and can develop innovative programming for pre-K through grade six. We are looking for a collaborative, patron-oriented team member who can bring new ideas to Kids World and keep up with our busy department.
The Eisenhower Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer. Per library policy, qualified candidates will be subject to a background check upon offer of employment.
- ALA accredited MLS
- Experience working with children
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
- Access to transportation.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Regularly scheduled time at the public Children’s Services Desk
- Serving as a member of the collection development team
- Planing and conducting programming and outreach for children and their caregivers or educators
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to:
Head of Children’s Services
No phone calls please. Job open until filled.
Reports to: Head of Reference Services
Do you love helping people? Do you crave an energetic and collaborative work environment? If so, then the Eisenhower Public Library might be the place for you. We’re looking for a part-time Technology Clerk to join our reference staff. The successful candidate must love working with people and be comfortable with all kinds of technology.
Qualified candidates must be available to work 1-2 evenings per week and 1-2 weekends per month, have excellent communication skills, and access to transportation. Candidates will also be asked to demonstrate computer proficiency.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Staffing the Welcome Desk
- Providing consistent, respectful, and friendly service to library patrons and fellow staff
- Assisting patrons in using technology, including computers, printers, scanners, copy machines, and any other electronic equipment available to the public
- Teaching/assisting with computer classes
Must be available Saturdays. Fluency in Polish is a plus.
Please provide a resume, cover letter and 3 references to:
Dan McPhillips, Head of Reference Services
4613 N. Oketo
Harwood Heights, IL 60706
No phone calls, please. Application deadline: September 29, 2017.