Cataloger : Part Time Position Open
Reports to: Head of Technical Services
This is a support staff position involving ordering and cataloging print and A/V materials. The Cataloger may also assist with labeling and barcoding materials.
We are looking for a highly detail-oriented individual who is comfortable with technology, including our catalog software, and is able to build good working relationships.
Applicants should be able to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing.
Secondary language preferences, if applicable, include Polish and Arabic.
Selected candidate will be subject to a background check, per library policy, upon offer of employment.
- LTA, High school degree, or equivalent
- Previous work experience
- Access to transportation
- Keyboarding test required
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs data entry and copy cataloging using WorkFlows
- Learning to use OCLC cataloging tools (Connexion)
- Verifies and edits MARC records
- Learning vendor ordering systems, may perform related basic internet searches
- Provides uniformly consistent, respectful, and friendly services to library patrons and fellow staff
The Eisenhower Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit application and 3 references to Victoria Bitters
No phone calls, please.