The Eisenhower Public Library District provides access to digital materials through Media on Demand, a leading digital distributor of eBooks and audiobooks from hundreds of publishers, serving millions of readers.
With Media on Demand, residents of Norridge and Harwood Heights may use their Library cards to:
- Check out up to five items at a time.
- Place items on hold and receive email notifiations when they become available.
- Find eBooks for Kindle, iPad, Nook and other eReaders
- Find audiobooks for iPod/iOS devices, Android and other MP3 players
Checking Out eBooks and Audiobooks
- Find a title to check out on Media on Demand. Check the icons listed with the title to make sure it's available in the correct format for your device or operating system.
- Log in to your account with your library card number and PIN to check out the item. Need help with your PIN?
- Download the file to your mobile device or computer, or begin reading right away in the web browser of any mobile device or computer with OverDrive Read.
Downloading eBooks and Audiobooks to Your Device
- To download audiobooks, you'll need Overdrive Media Console on your computer.
- Overdrive Media Console is also an app for reading eBooks or listening to audiobooks on your smartphone or tablet.
- For eReaders like the Nook you'll need the Adobe Digital Editions software.
- To read eBooks on your Kindle, you'll need an Amazon account.
- OverDrive's Quick Start Guide is a helpful overview of the service and technology requirements.
- Media on Demand's help section provides useful information of devices, software and media formats.
- Need more help? Contact the Answers Desk.
Search for a Title, Author, or Subject Now