Why is the Catalog Changing?
The Eisenhower Public Library is a member of the System Wide Automated Network (SWAN), made up of more than 75 libraries throughout Illinois. This system makes interlibrary loans possible.
After more than ten years, in an effort to provide the best possible service, SWAN is updating to a new catalog system that allows for more intuitive searching, offers eBook and online resource integration, and provides more options for communication.
As we work to fully implement our new library catalog system, you may experience some temporary outages of our eBook services, research databases, and other online resources. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We're sure the benefits of the updated system will outweigh any glitches we experience along the way.
All PINs were reset to the last four digits of your primary phone number. After first logging in, you will be able to change the PIN to any number you choose.
Logging in to Your Account
Access our new catalog at catalog.swanlibraries.net/ess. Click “My Account” in the upper right corner to view your checkouts, holds, and more. Within your account page you may also view your personal information, change your PIN, pay fines, and set your preferences.
Changing your PIN
For the sake of security, after first logging in, you will be able to change the PIN to any number you choose.
- Click on the “Personal Information” tab.
- Click “Change PIN.”
- Enter your current PIN (the last four digits of your primary phone number).
- Enter your desired new PIN.
- Confirm your new PIN by entering it again.
- Click “Update.”
Your new PIN should now be saved.
Set Your Peferences
With the new catalog comes new opportunities for setting personal preferences in the “Preferences” section of your account page. These include:
- “Default Language” lets you select which language you want the system to use.
- “Default My Account Tab” lets you select which tab opens when you access your account.
- “Show my checkout history” and “Record my checkout history” enable the system to keep track of materials you borrow.
Searching the Catalog
New with the new catalog, search once to find both physical and digital materials.
- Type your search term in the search box at the top of the page and click “Search.”
- Browsable results will appear in the middle of the page.
- Look to the left for ways to fine tune your results by format, author, language, and more.
You may also make more specific searches by using the two drop down boxes in the search bar. The first drop down allows you to limit results to only physical materials, only digital materials, or only materials owned at your home library. The second drop down allows you to search by title, author, subject, and more.
Results can be sorted by Relevance, Title, Author, or more with the drop down at the upper right.
Requesting a Title
- After finding an item click “Place Hold.”
- Click “Download” for downloadable materials.
- If you are not logged in, you will be asked to enter your card number and PIN.
- The item will appear on your account page under the “Holds” tab.
The “Checkouts” tab has three sections: Library Checkouts, Digital Checkouts, and Checkout History. If you have any overdue items, an alert icon will appear in this tab.
- The "Library Checkout" tab shows items that you currently have checked out. To renew items:
- Click the check box to the left of the item you’d like to renew.
- Click the “Renew” button.
- Confirm that you wish to renew the selected item.
The "Digital Checkout" tab shows eBooks and other digital materials that you currently have checked out.
If you have chosen to keep a record of your checkout history, you can view it under the "My Checkout History" section.
Features of the New System
With catalog searches in the new system, you will receive results the way you expect, resembling familiar and popular internet search engines. The additions of spelling correction, search suggestions, and title recommendations-as-you-type, make searching the catalog easier and more intuitive.
In addition, our collection of eBooks, downloadable audio books, magazines, journal articles, and more are available with a single search, making it easier for you to explore and enjoy our digital content directly from the catalog, with a single login.
The new system offers a new level of convenience by allowing you to choose how you want to receive communications from the library. When items are ready for pickup or you have a due date approaching, we will be able to notify you by telephone, email, or now, text messaging. In addition, these notices are available in a variety of languages.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, or if you need assistance with the new catalog, we will be happy to help. Our staff is trained to ease the transition; instructional bookmarks and Quick Start Guides are available; and online assistance is available at new.swanlibraries.net.