Some times it is hard to eat healthy when all you are craving is junk food, so here are some recipes to help you stick to your nutritional goals while satisfying your cravings at the same time. Most are super easy( but ask an adult before handling sharp kitchen tools and the stove or oven) to make and contain tips and tricks that cut sodium and fat such as: baking instead of frying, using cheese made from skim milk, using leaner cuts of meat, and incorporating veggies, whole grains and more nutritious substitutions!
Oh, By the Way
We’ve all seen then, read them, and laughed for minutes or hours at them. Meme’s are everywhere and are made for almost every subject you can think of. Submit your favorite (appropriate) meme or one of your own creation! We will pick several of the funniest memes and post them up for you to vote for!
CubeeCraft is a fun online site that offers many different projects drawn in their own style called “Cubees.” Cubees can be built by printing them out on a printer, and then cutting them out. No glue or tape is required. The site contains the schematics for all sorts of Cubees from Space Ghost to the Companion Cube. It even has Cubees from one of my favorite new anime series, Gurren Lagann.
All in all, if you’re looking for a fun craft, print out a few Cubees.
Your brain and body needs enough sleep to restore and repair itself, here is some more scientific information about the importance of sleep and naps. Including the causes and risks of sleep loss and some home remedies for those nights where you just can’t fall asleep!
includes the causes of sleep problems and what happens as a result
highlights the benefits of power napping, the guidelines to follow, and evidence that supports these claims
interesting remedies include: taking a warm bath, drinking milk, soothing music, breathing exercises
Clara Luna is more or less your average fourteen year old girl. Although she likes to play in the woods instead of putting on makeup and has a father that came to the U.S as an illegal immigrant are simply trivial, irrelevant details
Those details come to light when the pieces of her father’s past fall into her lap to put together for the first time. After a letter from her grandparents arrives in the mail asking her to come and visit them. Little does Clara know that by agreeing to go she will be trekking far into the mountains of rural Mexico to discover more about her family and her father than she ever dreamed.
Laced with just the right amount of wonderment, What The Moon Saw seamlessly follows the story of a young girl on an adventure to self-discovery from the suburbs of Maryland to rural Mexico. Full of surprises and humor this book is a must read.
For all the poets out there this one is for you. Send us a simple poem about the seasons. Whether that is about how summer, spring, fall or winter, share your writings with us for a chance to win! Here is a short sample poem about the seasons!
November November your end is near
December December your frosty chill is here!
Over Christmas, people gathered to make their own apocalyptic snow globes and chibis. What would your ideal apocalypse look like? Here’s what theirs looks like.
1. Paper Towns-John Green: “I Just Wanna Run” by Downtown Fiction
2. Clockwork Angel-Cassandra Claire: “Misery” by Maroon 5
3. Will Grayson, Will Grayson- John Green: “I Feel Pretty” from West Side Story
4. The Sky is Everywhere- Jandy Nelson: “Behind These Hazel Eyes” by Kelly Clarkson
5. Matched- Ally Condie: “We Are Young” by Fun.
6. Divergent- Veronica Roth: “Pound the Alarm” by Nicki Minaj
7. Cirque Du Freak- Darren Shan: “Circus” by Brittney Spears
8. 13 Reasons Why- Jay Asher: “Your Guardian Angel” by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
9. Hunger Games (Series)- Suzanne Collins: “Girl on Fire” by Alicia Keys
10. Mockingjay- Suzanne Collins: “Titanium” by David Guetta and Sia
11. DICTIONARY!- Webster: “Alphabet Song” ;)
What other songs go with what other books?
1. Your 10 favorite books of all time.
2. Your 5 least favorite books of all time.
3. Your favorite characters and which books they’re from.
4. Characters you hate and which books they’re from.
5. If you were stranded on a desert island, what five books would you take with you? Include one…