Kids World offers story-based programs for all ages. For age specific storytimes, your child must be in the correct age range to attend. All storytimes are in English unless otherwise noted. All storytimes are Drop-In unless otherwise noted.
This Spring Storytime schedule will be in effect from March 6th to April 28th. Due to Election Day, there will be no storytimes on Tuesday, April 4th.
Summer Storytime sessions beging on June 5th and end July 28th
Baby (6 - 17 months)
- Monday, 10:30 am
Toddler (18 - 35 months)
- Tuesdays, 9:30 am
- Wednesdays, 10:00 am
Junior (3 - 5 years)
- Tuesdays, 10:30 am
- Wednesdays, 1:00 pm
- Fridays, 10:00 am
Big Kids (K - 2nd grade)
- Thursdays, 6:00 pm
Polish Family Storytime (All Ages)
- Tuesdays, 6:00 pm
Top Eight Storytime Rules
- Priority for all programs goes to Norridge/Harwood Heights patrons.
- Adults are encouraged to bring their children to one same-language storytime per week. Priority will be given to cardholders who have not attended storytime during any given week. Family Storytime is the exemption.
- Seating is limited to: Baby & Toddler: 18 children, Junior: 30 children, Big Kids: 35 children , Family: 40 people
- Children must be the appropriate age to attend storytime. Exceptions include siblings who are older than the age range for that storytime and infants in carriers. Your infant MUST remain in the carrier for the duration of storytime.
- Be on time. No priority will be given to latecomers.
- If a child becomes disruptive, their parent will be asked to take them out of the Story Room, so they can calm down. Then they may re-enter. If after three breaks they are still having a bad day, we suggest they come back another time.
- Parents, if you intend to leave the building during storytime, please inform your child and the library staff. You should make arrangements with another adult (not library staff) to be responsible for your child.
- Parents set the example for their children. Please participate if you stay in the Story Room.
Staff reserves the right to settle any issues regarding residency, age and the application of these rules.
Things to Keep in Mind
Please do not bring food or toys to storytime.
Enourage your child to participate in all activities so they can get the most out of storytime.
Please have your child use the bathroom and get a drink of water before storytime begins.
Please do not knock on the Story Room door. Instead, if you are late or take a break, please ask the desk staff to let you in.