Kids World offers story-based programs for all ages. For age specific storytimes, your child must be in the correct age range to attend. All storytimes are in English unless otherwise noted. All storytimes are Drop-In unless otherwise noted.
- 10:30 am: Baby Storytime (6-17 months)
- 9:30 am: Toddler Storytime (18-35 months)
- 10:30 am: Junior Storytime (3-5 years)
- 10:00 am: Toddler Storytime (18-35 months)
- 11:00 am: Family Storytime (all ages)
- 6:00 pm: Big Kids Storytime (Grades K-2)
- 10:00 am: Junior Storytime (3-5 years)
The Fall 2019 Storytime Session will begin the week of September 9th and end the week of November 22nd. Please note that the week of Halloween, all storytime participants (kids and adult) are invited to dress in costume. There will be a class photo taken before each storytime begins.
- Priority is given to residents of Norridge and Harwood Heights, however, when there is room we are happy to welcome non-residents.
- Children ages three and up can participate in storytime by themselves. We require caregivers to be on hand if your child needs assistance.
- Children attending need to turn the appropriate age during the current storytime session. Siblings in other age groups are welcome in Baby, Toddler, and Junior sessions.
- If your child grows restless or upset, please give them a break from the storytime room to calm down.
- Help us keep distractions to a minimum by leaving toys at home and going to the bathroom or having a snack before storytime starts.
- You are a great example for your child. Participate to the best of your ability to encourage them to do so as well.
- Listening is a learned skill. We ask adults and children to wait until play time to chat, call, or text with others.
- If your child is sick, please stay home to prevent the spread of germs.
- Have fun!
Staff reserves the right to settle any issues regarding residency, age and the application of these rules.
Things to Keep in Mind
Please do not bring food or toys to storytime.
Please do not knock on the Story Room door. Instead, if you are late or take a break, please ask the desk staff to let you in.