Computers & Technology
Eisenhower provides access to more than 50 computer stations for internet browsing or using Microsoft Office products. Patrons with under $10.00 in fines may reserve a computer station for a period of two hours for Norridge and Harwood Heights residents or one hour for others which can be extended if the computer has no other reservations. Reservations are made in-person on a first-come, first-served basis.
Laptop computers are also available to borrow for two hours of in-library use at the Welcome Desk, Answers Desk, or Kids World Desk. All laptops are installed with Microsoft Office programs. Residents of Norridge and Harwood Heights may reserve a laptop up to a week in advance by calling the Answers Desk at 708-867-2299. Nonresidents may borrow a laptop in person on a first-come, first-served basis.
By using library computers to access the internet, you agree to abide by our Internet Use Policy.
The Eisenhower Library offers wireless internet access to all visitors with wireless enabled devices. By using Eisenhower’s wireless network, you agree to abide by our Internet Use Policy. If you have a problem connecting, a staff member will be happy to help.
Printing, Copying, Scanning, and Faxing
Eisenhower provides access to laser printers, photocopiers, scanners, and fax stations that can be used for a nominal price. Fees may be paid via cash, credit, debit, or value-added library cards.
- B&W prints & copies: 10 cents/page.
- Color prints & copies: 50 cents/page.
- Faxing: $1.00/page.
- For no charge, you may scan to a flash drive, an email address, and more.
- Printing stations accept cash or value added library cards.
- Credit may be added to your library card (or any registered library card) at printing stations.
For the convenience of patrons who have computers but no printer, or those using laptops in the library, we offers wireless/remote printing through printeron.net. To print remotely, follow the instructions below, then visit the library to retrieve your documents.
- Visit the Eisenhower Wireless Printing page on the web.
- Choose Black & White or Color printer.
- Enter your Library Card Number or Guest Name to identify your print job at the library. (If a Guest Name is used, payment will be cash only.)
- Browse to find your file on your computer.
- Click the “Next” button to process the print.
- The website will calculate the cost of printing. Click the “Print” icon to send to the printing queue. When you see the green confirmation message, you have sent your print request.
- We recommend calling to confirm that your document was successfully sent before stopping in. Call the Answers Desk at 708-878-2299.
For assistance with printing, copying, scanning, or faxing, ask at a library service desk.
Printing from a Mobile Device
Printing from your mobile device is quick and easy with the PrinterOn iOS and Android mobile apps.
You may also print an email message or attachment by forwarding your email to:
To retrieve your document, visit any of the library’s printers and enter your email user name (everything before the @ symbol) on the touch screen. For instance if your email address is email@example.com, enter printing.