Each week we’re recommending a movie from film lover’s favorite home video company, Criterion. The Criterion Collection is dedicated to gathering the greatest films from around the world and publishing them in editions of the highest technical quality with supplemental features that enhance the appreciation of the art of film. This week, The Atomic Submarine.
When a nuclear-powered submarine, the Tiger Shark, sets out to investigate a series of mysterious disappearances near the Arctic Circle, its fearless crew finds itself besieged by electrical storms, an Unidentified Floating Saucer, and lots of hairy tentacles.
- 72 minutes
- Black & White
- Spine #366
- New, restored high-definition digital transfer
- Audio commentary by producer Alex Gordon and writer Tom Weaver
- New video interview with actor Brett Halsey
- Original theatrical trailers and radio spots
- Stills galleries featuring production and publicity photographs
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing