Freedom of Information
The Eisenhower Public Library District is committed to providing citizens and taxpayers access to applicable public records under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act.
To File a Freedom of Information Act Request
Please make your request for records in writing. The Eisenhower Public Library District does not require the completion of a standard form for this purpose, but you may choose to use this form if you prefer. Please direct your request to:
FOIA Officer – Ellen Bacarella
Eisenhower Public Library District
4613 N Oketo Ave
Harwood Heights, IL 60706
Email requests to: FOIA@eisenhowerpld.org
- Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking. Remember, the Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions. If you wish to ask questions of a representative of the Eisenhower Public Library District, you may call the Library’s Main Switchboard to be directed to the proper person.
- Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person. You have the right to either option.
- There is no fee for up to 50 pages of standard paper copies. For pages beyond 50, there is a $.10 per page charge.
- You are permitted to ask for a waiver of copying fees. To do so, please include the following statement (or a similar statement) in your FOIA request: “I request a waiver of all fees associated with this request.” In addition, you must include a specific explanation as to why your request for information is in the public interest – not simply your personal interest – and merits a fee waiver.
- Please include your name, mailing address, and if you wish, preferred telephone number(s) and/or your email address.
Board Meeting Information
A schedule of board and committee meeting dates as well as agendas and minutes can be found on our Leadership Page.
Elected and Administrative Officials
Names and contact information for our Board of Trustees as well as Department Heads can be found on our Leadership Page.
Information about the Public Body
Pursuant to statute 5 ILCS 140/4 we provide the following information:
- A short summary of our purpose is included with our mission.
- A block diagram of our subdivisions.
- A total amount of our operating budget for the 2021/2022 fiscal year is $4,347,818.
- The Eisenhower Public Library’s single location is
4613 N Oketo Ave, Harwood Heights, IL 60706.
- We employ approximately 28 full time employees, 6 full time equivalent employees and 20 part time employees.
- Our board and committees can be found on our Leadership Page.
- The name of our FOIA officer and our process for requesting public records is at the top of this page.
Total Compensation Disclosure
Pursuant to statute 5 ILCS 120/7.3(c) we are making details available for Eisenhower Public Library District staff whose total compensation exceeds $75,000 per year. You may request the document through the Administrative Office of the Eisenhower Public Library District. You may reach the library via email@example.com by email, by phone at 708-867-7828, or by visiting the library at 4613 N. Oketo Avenue from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
IMRF Employer Cost & Participation Information
Pursuant to Public Act 101-0504, the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund provides annual reports of employer contribution amounts, employer contribution rates, participating employers, and employer resolutions.
Transparency in Coverage
As required by the Internal Revenue Service, the Department of the Treasury; Employee Benefits Security Administration, the Department of Labor; Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, and the Department of Health and Human Services, we make insurance cost-sharing information available as machine-readable files to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.