We help you. We connect our community. We strive to inspire all.
The Eisenhower Public Library District holds itself to the highest standards of service to its community, patrons, and staff.
Our Responsibility to Our Community
The library is a partner and advocate for the community. It is a warm, welcoming neighborhood center and gathering place. Aware of community issues and trends, it provides holistic solutions to emerging needs.
The library is a respectful partner that protects patrons’ privacy, is nurturing and non-judgmental, and defends against censorship and bias. At the same time, it is a responsible steward of tax dollars who is reliable and trusted.
Our Responsibility to Our Patrons
Patrons visiting the library find it an inviting, friendly place that provides opportunities and resources for them to learn and create. They are assisted by a staff that is kind, helpful, enthusiastic, professional, and reflective of the community. The staff, collection and programming are responsive to the needs of the individual and the changing needs of the community.
The programs offered are innovative, educational, and entertaining. Technology is readily available that is accessible and supported by our knowledgeable staff. The collection is diverse, well organized, up to date, and easy to access.
The library is guided by policies and practices that protect the rights of the individual while helping them use the library to its fullest potential.
Our Responsibility to Our Staff
Eisenhower Public Library staff members are members of a group of co-workers and managers who are creative, innovative, responsible, diligent, reliable, and of the highest integrity. They work in an environment that is caring, supportive, empathetic, and encouraging of the free flow of upward and downward communication.
Staff members are provided with opportunities for personal and professional growth as well as competitive compensation coupled with a solid benefits package.
The Eisenhower Public Library District will focus its resources in the following four strategic principles. Activities are examples of actions, and may vary as the plan progresses.
The library will focus on internal and external communication to enhance operations and solidify the library’s brand in the community.
- Build an internal communication plan for smooth functioning among departments.
- Develop a cohesive suite of external communication tools, including a revised logo, branding, messages, and signage.
- Create mechanisms to communicate messages to and receive feedback from the community.
The library will create a multilevel, multi-generational, responsive and unified approach to programming.
- Develop a community-centered approach to programming, meeting the needs of district residents for library and non-library topics.
- Forge operational structures to plan programming across departments.
- Create an assessment plan for all programming.
Service and Stewardship
The library will maintain its spirit of generosity to district residents and library visitors while clearly focusing service on the district community.
- Acknowledge the positive reputation of the library within the district and outside its borders; thoughtfully design a response to manage that success.
- Communicate clearly to district residents that they are the library’s primary customer. Create a dialogue with community members to understand their impressions and concerns.
- Have a clear message for out-of-district visitors, but continue to provide a hospitable atmosphere.
- Examine library services as a whole, and evaluate opportunities for expansion and enhancement.
The library will be focused, intentional, and swift in adopting technology to serve its patrons. The library will seek to adopt technologies that enhance its reputation for excellent service.
- Adopt, market, and connect with technology.
- Teach patrons to use technologies at every level and age group.
- Command technologies to enhance patron services from inside and outside the library industry.
Markers of Success
The library will have successfully enacted these strategic principles when it has achieved:
- A friendly and inviting building and staff;
- Clear and strong inter-departmental communication;
- Community-centered programming without turnaways;
- Consistent and recognizable branding and communication outside the library;
- Forward-thinking and responsive technology and social media offerings;
- Robust dialogue with a community that knows the library focuses on it;
- The role of a sought-after hub of the community;
- Satisfied patrons who find what they want when they need it.