Covering both U.S. and world history topics, History Reference Center features historical reference books, magazines, journals, and thousands of primary source documents.
History Reference Center features variety of resources to help students and educators meet curriculum goals, such as lesson plans and rich multimedia content to enhance delivery. In addition, articles include Lexile® Measures to address text complexity requirements.
History Reference Center supports students and educators with the following functionality:
- Mobile-friendly interface available 24/7 via desktop, smartphone or tablet
- Simple search box for keyword, author and title searching
- Autocomplete and spell checker to ensure the correct search terms are applied
- Advanced search options, thematic navigation and the ability to explore topics by historic era
- Ability to sort search results by content type, publication date, subject or publication
- Text-to-speech for HTML articles to assist auditory learners, struggling readers or those learning English
- Personal folders for saving and sharing content
- Citation tool to help students format bibliographic references
- Ability to save, print and e-mail citations directly from the interface
- Google Classroom integration, allowing educators using Google Apps for Education to quickly share content with students