Reports to the Head of Children’s Services
Do you love books? Then you might be interested in working as a page in the Eisenhower Public Library District. Kids World is seeking an enthusiastic individual who is detail oriented and has a passion for getting materials out to patrons as quickly as possible.
The position includes bending and stooping and the ability to push a cart of 50+ lbs of materials including books and audiovisual materials.
Per library policy the selected candidate will be subject to a background check.
- Age 16 or older
- 2 years high school completed
- Available to work evenings and Saturday or Sunday (weekly)
- Written alphabetical and numerical test required
Duties/Responsibilities: (Illustrative, not exhaustive)
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with people of all ages in a friendly, approachable, and tactful manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in English orally and in writing
- Ability to shelve library materials in alphabetical and numerical order
- Ability to set priorities and exercise discretion with patrons and staff
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, and carry and push a fully loaded book cart
Applications are available at any library service desk. Please submit applications to Kids World attention to:
Head of Children’s Services
Job Open Until Filled