Reports to: Head of Technical Services
This is a support staff position involving the receipt of and preparation of library materials for circulation, and related data entry. Technical Services Assistants work with the catalog to update and delete materials and records.
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who is knowledgeable about computers, able to learn how to use our SirsiDynix Integrated Library System, and familiar with online patron access catalogs.
Applicants should be able to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing.
Secondary language preferences, if applicable, include Polish and Arabic.
Selected candidate will be subject to a background check, per library policy, upon offer of employment.
This is a part-time position. 18 hours week, $14.17/hour.
- LTA and 2 years’ library experience or High school degree or equivalent with 3 years’ library experience
- Access to transportation
- Keyboarding test required
- Ability to obtain Illinois State Library Certification
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, and carry, and to push a fully-loaded book cart
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs data entry, may perform copy cataloging
- Verifies and edits MARC records
- Maintains collection statistics as assigned
- May create pre-cataloging records and assist with materials processing
- Provides uniformly consistent, respectful, and friendly services to library patrons and fellow staff
4613 N Oketo Ave, Harwood Heights, IL 60706.
Deadline: February 24th. No phone calls please.
Submitting an Application