In accordance with the latest CDC recommendations, starting August 5th all visitors over age two must wear a mask over nose and mouth while in the library, regardless of vaccination status.
Need a mask? Ask for one at any service desk.
Because guidelines and best practices may change, please keep an eye out for updates on our website and social media channels, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Masks are required to cover the nose and mouth of all patrons over the age of two when visiting the library.
- Disposable masks are available at any service desk.
Contactless Home Delivery and Curbside Pickup
- Curbside pickup is still available to any library patron.
- Home delivery is available to addresses within Norridge and Harwood Heights.
- Please return your library materials using our outdoor book drops. A walk-up book drop is located to the left of our main entrance. A drive-up book drop can be accessed from Wilson Avenue.
- The Quiet Computer Lab is now open.
- Computer reservations have been increased to three hours for Norridge & Harwood Heights residents.
- One hour computer reservations are available to non-residents with registered library cards.
- Guest passes will allow access to express computer stations for 30 minutes.
- Personal computers and mobile devices are now welcome in the building.
- Browsing & borrowing of books, movies & more.
- Printing, copying, and faxing.
- Study rooms are available for Norridge/Harwood Heights residents for two hours. Reservations may be made up to one week in advance or on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Home delivery and curbside pickup.
- Chairs, tables, and other seating for reading, studying, and personal device use.
- The Teen Space and Quiet Room are open.
- Newspapers available for in-building reading.
- Phone, email, and in-person reference with staff.
- Virtual programs and events.
- Downloadable ebooks and audiobooks and other digital library resources.
- No meeting room reservations.
- No eating please. Covered drinks are welcome.
- The Workshop & other spaces may be closed.
- No book donations please.