As of February 28th, Governor Pritzer’s statewide indoor mask requirement has been lifted. At this time, library staff will continue to wear face coverings and we will encourage library visitors, especially the unvaccinated, those who are immunocompromised or with family members who are immunocompromised, and children under five who are not eligible for a vaccine, to wear them as well. However, masks will not be required to enter the library.
Some of the safety measures we put into place will continue. Home delivery and curbside pickup will continue to be available. Most library programs, with few exceptions, will remain virtual.
Because guidelines and best practices may change, please keep an eye out for updates on our website and social media channels, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Disposable masks are available for free at any service desk.
Contactless Home Delivery and Curbside Pickup
- Curbside pickup is still available to any library patron.
- Home delivery is available to addresses within Norridge and Harwood Heights.
- Please return your library materials using our outdoor book drops. A walk-up book drop is located to the left of our main entrance. A drive-up book drop can be accessed from Wilson Avenue.
- The Quiet Computer Lab is now open.
- Computer reservations are available for three hours for Norridge & Harwood Heights residents.
- One hour computer reservations are available to non-residents with registered library cards.
- Guest passes offer one hour reservations, and are limited to one per day.
- Personal computers and mobile devices are welcome in the building.
- Browsing & borrowing of books, movies & more.
- Printing, copying, and faxing.
- Study rooms are available for Norridge/Harwood Heights residents for two hours. Reservations may be made up to one week in advance or on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Home delivery and curbside pickup.
- Chairs, tables, and other seating for reading, studying, and personal device use.
- The Teen Space and Quiet Room are open.
- Newspapers available for in-building reading.
- Phone, email, and in-person reference with staff.
- Virtual programs and events.
- Downloadable ebooks and audiobooks and other digital library resources.
- No meeting room reservations.
- No eating please. Covered drinks are welcome.
- The Workshop & other spaces may be closed.
- No book donations please.